Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Print speaker notes WITH your Google Slides

WEBSITE  Google Support page

AUDIENCE ↬ teachers & admins

CONTENT ↬ any & all

GRADE LEVELS  all grades

I recently was asked for help and while I'd never had a need for this, the person did. So I did a search and was pleasantly surprised how easy it is! Have you ever wanted/needed to print out the speaker notes along with your Google Slides? Yes! It can be done, and it's really not too terribly difficult.

I've linked the support page above, but I'm going to just include the steps below because it's easy.

HOW DO I PRINT SPEAKER NOTES with MY GOOGLE SLIDES?

1. Open your Google Slides.
2. Click on the File menu & go towards the bottom.
3. Click on "Print settings and preview".
4. Find the dropdown menu in the toolbar and select "1 slide with notes". 
    --- depending on how large your slide deck is, it might take awhile to load ---
5. Click on the printer icon in the toolbar. 
    --- it might take a minute or two to load ---

At this point, I'd strongly recommend using the option in your print menu to print 2 or more pages on a sheet. You probably don't need a giant version of your slide and you can save some paper while still getting your slides & speaker notes.  

To return to your typical slide deck, click the "Close Preview" in the upper right corner.


*** Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment