Friday, March 27, 2020

Teach from Home

 WEBSITE  Teach from Home
AUDIENCE ↬ teachers
CONTENT any/all

GRADE LEVELS  all grade levels

Have you seen this? I hear the song, "We're all in this together" right now ... do you? I can't think of a time where I've felt so united with the world wide education community than now - when we are all doing our best to provide an education for our students through this unprecedented times. The sharing and support is heart-warming!

In typical Google-fashion, they have created an entire hub to support us teachers who are finding ourselves in such an unusual spot. You simply have to check out the newly released, Teach from Home website. I can't explain all the amazing-ness that is found here, but here is a quick overview.

Simple. Direct. PACKED.

The site is broken up into 6 sections:

  • How do I teach remotely with video calls?
  • How do I teach remotely without video calls?
  • How do I make lessons accessible to all?
  • How do I keep students engaged?
  • How do I keep in touch with other teachers?


and ...

  • Learning resources for the whole family


The final section is JAM-PACKED for families to help supplement & extend learning at home.

And a final note, personally, I love that they are referring to it as a "temporary hub" ... it gives me hope that this will not last forever. I KNOW we will come out of this. We will be stronger ... we will reunite with our students "IRL" ... and we will be even better than we were before. 

Thank you, Google! 


No comments:

Post a Comment