Saturday, October 12, 2024

Digital Inquiry Group: Reading Like a Historian

WEBSITE  Digital Inquiry Group: Reading Like a Historian

AUDIENCE ↬ teachers

CONTENT History, ELA

GRADE LEVELS  all grades

I cannot tell you how I connected with this website, but am I glad I did! Wow!!! I had a conversation with a SS teacher in my school about teaching her students to read historical material and help them make sense of it and the very next day, I received an email highlighting this activity. (Ironic?) This site works on that very skill! I really wish I had this when I was teaching history! Amazing! The two big sections are US History and World History, and then you can dig in by era. 


HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS RESOURCE?
I can see teachers using this to teach students how to better read historical material. It will also allow teachers to introduce students to historical material and provide a better understanding of events of the past. This is a bookmark for sure!!! 


*** 
Interested in more resources like this? Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment