Sunday, September 1, 2024

Peer Feedback: Making It Meaningful

WEBSITE  Peer Feedback: Making It Meaningful

AUDIENCE ↬ teachers

CONTENT ↬ all

GRADE LEVELS  aimed at grades 3 & up; modification might work for younger students

Feedback is important for both the creator and those giving the feedback. I've realized in recent years, honest & real peer feedback can go much further than teacher feedback. I am incorporating more peer feedback in various ways in my own classroom this year and really appreciate Catlin's choice board. I believe most students struggle to frame the feedback in an appropriate way - they don't want to be mean or they simply don't know how to take their thoughts and frame it in a way to make it valuable to their peer. Catlin's choice board can really help with both.


HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS RESOURCE?
I can see teachers using this across all content areas and for a variety of activities. I recently had my students complete a project and they had to provide feedback for each other. Comparing this choice board to the feedback form I had, this one wins, hands down! Since it's shared via a Google Doc, you can easily tweak it to best fit you and your students.


*** Interested in more resources like this? Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment