Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Google Calendar ... searchable??? YES!

WEBSITE  Google Calendar
AUDIENCE ↬ teachers & students
CONTENT ↬ not content specific ... DEFINITELY an organization help!

GRADE LEVELS  all grades; definitely for the older student and for adults

I absolutely love Google Calendar. It was one of the tools that won me over to Google early on. Our district began using Google Calendar and I felt the need to hold tight to my paper calendar until I grew tired of crossing out and rewriting. Now, I really don't believe I could stay half as organized without it. I have a calendar for so many pieces to my life it's overwhelming to others. (It works for me, though!)

All that is good for another day ... today, I want to share with you something I recently discovered as I was helping a teacher back-fill dates for meetings. I had created events for a committee at our school and she wanted to record them. I knew I could guess and go back week-by-week to look, but I noticed my good old friend the "magnifying/spy glass"!!!! 

Bam!

I clicked on it and typed in the name of the meeting and voila!!! My search results were a perfect list of the meetings! Wonderful! I will most definitely be using this in the future.

*** And a related tip ... you can do a search in your Drive, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment