Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Podcasts for Students

WEBSITE  SLJ: A Universe of Podcasts
AUDIENCE ↬ students
CONTENT ↬ everything!

GRADE LEVELS  elementary, middle, & high school

I've been a podcast listener for a couple of years now and thanks to my friend, Kathy, I've got an excellent resource for you today! Kathy shared this Tweet:


https://twitter.com/mrsmediatech/status/1142027345576046593
I was SUPER excited! This is exactly what I was looking for without even looking! I clicked on it immediately and was thrilled with the collection of podcasts. I immediately thought of this blog and knew I'd share this out soon. 

And to my excitement, my 9 year daughter came to me a few days before vacation and flopping down on our porch, says to me, "Mom! I need some podcasts. Can you help me?" (Girl after my heart!!!) She knows I love podcasts, and I recently was a guest on Michael Matera's podcast, Well Played (episode 116, "Change through growth", if interested) and I think she was hooked. 

This list was PERFECT!!! I showed her the list and she scrolled through and found several that interested her and prompted listened to "But why?" She loves it! We even downloaded several so she could listen while we were traveling.

Now, imagine in a classroom. Your library is no longer contained to the books on your shelf, the books in your library, and in fact, you are no longer limited to books! Students can plug in and listen and learn. Thank you Kathy!!! This is a treasure for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment