Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Pairing fonts

WEBSITE  Fontjoy
AUDIENCE ↬ teachers & students
CONTENT ↬ all/any

GRADE LEVELS  grades 3-ish & up

I very much enjoy creating Slides, Docs, and other material for both students and teachers. I do my best to make it pleasing to the eye while still sharing the message. I stumbled across this website and it finding what I didn't even know I was really looking for!

Fontjoy has a very simple premise ... it's a website that helps you pair fonts that work well together. If you read the "How it works" page, you find there is machine learning at work. I don't truly understand how it exactly works, but I do know that it has helped me on multiple occasions make very pleasing font combos!

Now - I don't think the youngest of students really need to worry too much about font pairings, but I do believe students in late elementary (especially ones who show solid computer skills) might benefit from understanding of how to best put fonts together. By middle school and high school, students can really benefit from this website.

And if nothing else ... help yourself out! It's fun to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment