Wednesday, June 3, 2020

National Geographic: Learn at Home

WEBSITE #2   National Geographic: Education

AUDIENCE ↬ teachers, parents, students
CONTENT ↬ any/all

GRADE LEVELS  all grades

National Geographic is an amazing resource ... and it's not all strictly Science related content. (Can I say my heart skipped a beat when I saw the map resources they have???) 

I was browsing around their curated collections for the different grade levels and I was impressed with what I found. If you are a math teacher, might I suggest taking a look at the "Interpreting Data" collection? What about an ELA teacher - there is a Storytelling & Photography collection? Science teachers? So many good ones to check out - Infectious Disease, Earth Day, the Age of the Earth? History/SS teachers - yep, good stuff here for you, too - maps & finding out about explorers, might be 2 spots to start. And all of that from the Learn at Home page!

The 2nd link I've included is their Education page. Here you will find a great filtering system (type of activity, grade, and subject) to better guide you in finding something you'd like to use. There's even a decent number of professional learning activities, too!

And here's an even better piece to both of these sites ... you can click and navigate and get lost finding some pretty amazing "stuff". This is a site where being curious and willing to click around will prove beneficial and fun. You are sure to find some real treasures here.

No comments:

Post a Comment