Saturday, October 14, 2023

Mathigon - Multiplication by Heart

WEBSITE  math for love   &  Mathigon - Multiplication by Heart

AUDIENCE ↬ students

CONTENT math

GRADE LEVELS  3-5

I've got a "two-fer" today! I shared Mathigon earlier this year and thanks to their social media account, I discovered the Multiplication by Heart game. Super cool! No log in needed and it only gives you 15 questions until it tells you to take a break for the day. I would have been willing to continue, so I like that it stopped me. I didn't get tired of it.

Then I noticed at the bottom of the page a line that says "Created in partnership with (scribbled heart) math for love" ... which led me to the "math for love" website. Wow! It's also a card game!!! Woot! Woot! If you chose to purchase, you could practice multiplication offline. Love it!


HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS RESOURCE?
I can see teachers using the online version as part of a station in math class for short, targeted practice. Tracking scores over time might be an added component to talk about data. 

The card game can be used much the same way - part of a station in math. I love this also as a potential for indoor recess or a "fast finisher" option.

⭐ BONUS! 
I'd also recommend checking out the resources BOTH sites offer for teachers - Mathigon AND math for love


*** Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment