Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Omnibox Searching? Yesssss!

WEBSITE  Google.com
AUDIENCE ↬ teachers & students
CONTENT Any & all

GRADE LEVELS  all grades, especially older students & teachers

I am super excited about this update 👏!

The omnibox in Chrome (or the address bar or the URL spot) has been a place you can type in searches for awhile ... if you are searching the internet for something. This on its own might be an update for some, if you weren't already aware ... try it out ... it's AWESOME!

But NOW ... not only will the omnibox search the internet, it will also search your DRIVE! 💥 Yes! Look at the picture ... I typed "google" in and 3 of the results are from it searching my Drive:

  • the red square is a Google Drawing
  • the green square is a Google Sheet
  • the yellow square is a Google Slide
WOW! How much better can it get? Try it out ... I think you'll agree. It's awesome!

2 comments:

  1. It only seems to find stuff that I frequently look at in my drive, not necessarily give me search results, but it has worked out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - it's not giving a comprehensive search result, but I'm impressed that it can even search my Drive to give me something :)

      Delete