Tuesday, April 11, 2023

NatGeo Kids - games & more!

AUDIENCE ↬ students

CONTENT ↬ science; has content integrations possible

GRADE LEVELS  grades K-5

This. Is. Fun!

I stumbled on this site and I've been sharing it with just about everyone I have come across. It is PACKED with games and opportunities for fun! And depending on the area kids explore, it can also be used for learning. 


HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS RESOURCE?
I can see students using this site in a lot of different ways. There are matching games, memory games, find the difference, mad libs, puzzles, jokes and videos. I shared this with kindergarteners and one of the top picks was a maze - getting a dolphin through a maze to its family. Amazing animal videos were another hit - no video was more than 2 minutes long. In a third grade classroom, the jokes were a hit! (Lots of reading and laughing going on in there!) This is also the class I learned about the mad libs - packed with parts of speech and lots of giggles with the resulting story.

The videos have facts about animals - making it a great resource for research.
The memory & matching games help students practice their memory skills in a very fun way.
The "find the differences" help students visually compare & contrast.

... and so much more! This website has been personally tested out by me & I give it two thumbs up!


*** Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment