Tuesday, October 31, 2023

YouTube transcript

WEBSITE  YouTube Transcript

AUDIENCE ↬ teachers

CONTENT ↬ all

GRADE LEVELS  all grades

Have you thought much about closed captioning? I do ... and then I don't. I love using it. I turn it on YouTube videos all the time (& I increase the speed of the video, too!) so I can follow it better. I also use it on my tv. It's an AWESOME tool to have on when watching a video in the classroom, too.

I've made plenty of videos, but I've not given much thought to the transcript. This website - wow! - will give you a transcript!!! I tried it with a video I created and yes!!! It works! I do need to clean up the punctuation a bit, but the bulk of the work is done. 

Thanks, Tony Vincent, for sharing this out on Twitter.


HOW CAN TEACHERS USE THIS RESOURCE?
I can see teachers using this to generate transcripts for students - especially ELL students. And, if you are a teacher who makes their own videos for student support, use this website to create your transcripts to include with the video. (I think it took about 5 seconds for it to give me the transcript.)


*** Every Monday, I share a newsletter with a collection of Tech You Can Do resources. Interested? Sign up here!  ***

No comments:

Post a Comment