Monday, October 28, 2019

Halloween Pumpkin Activity

WEBSITE  Build a Jack-o-Lantern
additional link ↬ Build a Jack-o-Lantern, for little ones

AUDIENCE ↬ students
CONTENT ↬ ELA & tech

GRADE LEVELS  grades 1 & up

Eric Curts is an excellent creator and share-r. His "Build a Jack-o-Lantern" template is perfect for this time of year. I did this with numerous classes last year and they ALL💖 it. For many students, it was their first time working with templates and copying & pasting.

The copying & pasting can be frustrating for the youngest learners, so this year, I took Eric's template and modified it a bit, specifically for some first grade classes. If you work with younger students, you might be interested in it as well. I limited the options and moved the writing part to it's own slide. One of the biggest frustrations for the little ones I worked with last year was when they'd accidentally delete the pumpkin, so I inserted it as part of the background.

Eric is the true creator of this template, I only modified it for the youngest ones that I work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment