Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Using Sheets to make Contact Groups

WEBSITE  Badiner Bytes & Tech Tidbits
AUDIENCE ↬ teachers
CONTENT Gmail contact groups

GRADE LEVELS  teachers of ALL grades

My district moved email to Gmail this past spring and I rejoiced!!! I couldn't have been more excited! UNLIMITED storage! (Boo! This is changing ... as of 2022, storage will be limited whether you are in an EDU domain or a personal one.) 

And then the new school year started and my teachers wanted to know how to create contact groups like they had in the past. "I got this, no problem," I told them.

Then I tried to do it. Ugh. Gmail? What's up??? I couldn't do it. Well, I could ... it just took about 4,000 steps. I actually recommended to my teachers to skip it & use something else that was WAY easier.

And then the other day, a came across this ↬ "Create Contact Group in New Contacts" from Jeremy Badiner. YESSSS!!!! With the exception of it being easier directly IN Gmail, this is what we've needed! If you've struggled making contact groups, I HIGHLY suggest you read this and give Jeremy a virtual high five! And then give Scott Wolz a high ten, because he actually created the sheet. 😄

And while I'm on a Sheets roll ... Check out my Sheets Wakelet Collection, too! Sheets are  a pretty amazing tool. So much to do ... so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment